Season 2 Of AXS TV’s ‘ROCK & ROLL ROAD TRIP WITH SAMMY HAGAR’ Premieres On Sunday, March 5 At 9pE/6pP Presented By Mercury Insurance
By Scott Green
February 27, 2017
The 12-episode Series Follows The Hall of Fame Rocker As He Travels The U.S. To Interview and Jam With Legendary Artists Including John Mellencamp, John Mayer, James Hetfield, Mick Fleetwood, Rick Nielsen, Joe Satriani, Melissa Etheridge, Pat Monahan, Toby Keith & More
Hit the road with The Red Rocker, as AXS TV presents season two of the popular original music series ROCK & ROLL ROAD TRIP WITH SAMMY HAGAR PRESENTED BY MERCURY INSURANCE, premiering Sunday, March 5, at 9pE/6pP. The 12-episode season follows Hagar as he travels to notable music cities throughout the U.S. to interview and jam with some of his legendary friends in music including John Mayer, John Mellencamp, James Hetfield (Metallica), Mick Fleetwood, Rick Nielsen (Cheap Trick), Joe Satriani, and Melissa Etheridge. Season two is split into six-show cycles and kicks off with a special hour-long premiere. All other episodes will be 30 minutes long. This marks the second consecutive year the network has partnered with Mercury Insurance on ROCK AND ROLL ROAD TRIP WITH SAMMY HAGAR as the series’ title sponsor.
- San Francisco — Season two kicks off in Hagar and James Hetfield’s hometown where they turn the camera on the star-studded 3rd annual Acoustic-4-A-Cure the benefit concert they founded. The concert event, at the world-famous Fillmore Theatre, is one of the year’s hardest tickets to score and is open to TV audiences for the first time on AXS TV. During the one-hour premiere Hagar interviews Hetfield, Joe Satriani, John Mayer and Melissa Etheridge — leading into epic jams with Hagar, Hetfield, Mayer, Tommy Lee, Satriani, Etheridge, Pat Monahan, Vic Johnson and more (March 5).
- Norman, Oklahoma Hagar goes country when he travels to Norman, Oklahoma to interview and jam with the multi-talented and award-winning Toby Keith at his 160-acre ranch (March 12).
- Bloomington, Indiana — Hagar meets up with rock legend and Renaissance man John Mellencamp at his art studio in Bloomington, Indiana. Hagar delves into Mellencamp’s passion for painting and talks about the struggles he had staying true to himself while coming up in the music business (March 19).
- Chicago & Denver — An in-depth conversation about the history of rock with Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen, followed by a performance by Hagar’s star-studded band The Circle, featuring Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham, and Vic Johnson, at Denver’s legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater (March 26).
- Saratoga, California — An intimate rock talk and blues jam with ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons at the Mountain Winery concert hall in Saratoga, California (April 2).
- Maui, Hawaii — A conversation on art and music with rock legend Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac at Mick’s restaurant Fleetwood’s on Front St. in Maui (April 9).
As part of the network’s launch plans for the second season, Hagar will be answering fan questions during a Facebook Live stream on Sammy Hagar’s page, Sun., Feb. 19. The Facebook Live session coincides with the network’s marathon on that day of the first season of ROCK AND ROLL ROAD TRIP from 2:30 to 5pE.
“Sammy Hagar is one of rock’s most enduring figures, who is not only revered by his fans but by today’s headlining performers as well,” said Evan Haiman, AXS TV’s vice president, music programming and production. “With season two of ROCK AND ROLL ROAD TRIP WITH SAMMY HAGAR, we give viewers the ultimate backstage pass as more of music’s biggest names open up about their lives, legacies, and passions outside of the industry. From classic rock to country, there is truly something here for everyone to enjoymaking this a must-see event for all true music enthusiasts and we’re thrilled to be partnering again with Mercury Insurance as sponsor of the popular series.”
“Mercury Insurance and AXS TV have partnered on a number of campaigns during the past three years and the ‘Rock and Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar presented by Mercury Insurance’ has been such a great experience for us,” said Erik Thompson, Mercury’s advertising director. “Sammy Hagar is an amazing entertainer and it’s been absolutely great working with him and the AXS team.”
ABOUT SAMMY HAGAR
Sammy Hagar is a GRAMMY-winning singer and songwriter who’s sold more than 80 million albums during his four decades as a solo artist and frontman for bands including Montrose, Van Halen, Chickenfoot and The Circle. He was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with Van Halen in 2007 and is also a #1 NYT Bestselling author, host of the TV series “Rock & Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar,” restaurateur and spirits entrepreneur. He turned his love for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and hand-crafted tequila into an empire with the Cabo Wabo Cantinas and Tequila and has since added nine restaurants throughout the United States, the award-winning Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum, and in 2017 and Adam Levine will launch a new agave-based spirit called “Santo.” At the end of 2016, Sammy released This Is Sammy Hagar Vol. 1 When the Party Started, a 14-song compilation album which he personally curated from his solo albums post-Van Halen. For more on Hagar, visit redrocker.com and follow him on Facebook; @sammyhagar on twitter; and @sammyhagar on instagram.
ABOUT AXS TV
Launched in July 2012 by visionary entrepreneur CEO Mark Cuban, AXS TV is dedicated to providing groundbreaking music programming, stand-up comedy performances from today’s top comedians, and hard-hitting mixed martial arts promotions. The network’s hit franchise series include THE BIG INTERVIEW with Dan Rather; ROCK & ROLL ROAD TRIP WITH SAMMY HAGAR; THE WORLD’S GREATEST TRIBUTE BANDS; GOTHAM COMEDY LIVE; and AXS TV FIGHTS.
AXS TV is a partnership between Mark Cuban, AEG, Ryan Seacrest Media, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and CBS. The network is available in the United States via AT&T U-verse, Charter/Spectrum TV, Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, DISH, Frontier, Sling TV, Altice/Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable/Spectrum TV, Verizon FiOS, and other cable, satellite and telco providers, including members of the National Cable Television Cooperative. The network is also distributed in Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. For more information, please visit www.axs.tv and www.axs.tv/press. Follow AXS TV on Facebook,Twitter @axstv; Instagram; Cyber Dust and YouTube.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook and follow the company on Twitter.