WHEDONCON, MAY 18-20, 2018. That’s THIS
Fandom Charities Inc. [a 501 c3] presents the third annual WhedonCon on May 18-20, 2018. WhedonCon 2018 is a three-day convention run by fans for fans, celebrating the works of pop culture icon Joss Whedon and the talented people of the Whedonverse. WhedonCon 2018 will take place at the Warner Center Marriott in Los Angeles, CA.
Bask in all the many facets of Whedon-centric popular culture, including Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Marvel’s Avengers and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, and more. Enjoy cosplay contests and panels, meet & greets, receptions and evening parties with talent, vendors room, panels & workshops, stunts and writers and artists, tabletop gaming, and more. The social events schedule is live whedoncon.com/special-events and is being added to, and the only way to attend is to purchase membership through WhedonCon.com.
Special confirmed guests to date include:
– Guest of Honor Sean Maher (actor: Firefly, Serenity, Much Ado About Nothing)
– James Marsters (actor: Buffy, Angel; Marvels Runaways; musician: Ghost of the Robot)
– Mercedes McNab (actor: Buffy, Angel)
– Miracle Laurie (actor: Dollhouse, Insane Jane; Nobility: The Series; musician: Uke Box Heroes)
– Christopher May (actor: Buffy, Bones, Castle; Westworld; musician: Uke Box Heroes)
– Gigi Edgley (actor: Farscape, Jim Hensons Creature Shop Challenge)
– Jonathan Woodward (actor: Buffy, Angel, Firefly)
– Julia Lee (actor: Buffy, Angel)
– Camden Toy (actor: Buffy, Angel)
– Dagney Kerr (actor: Buffy, Castle)
– James Leary (actor: Buffy)
– Andrew Ferchland (actor Buffy; Producer: Monkey Suit Productions)
– E. J. De La Pena (actor/producer: Nobility: The Series)
– Matthew D. Hunt (Producer: Nobility: The Series; author: Solar Reboot)
– Joe Ochman (actor: Buffy, Bones)
– Steven L. Sears (writer/producer: Xena)
– Tim deZarn (actor: Cabin in the Woods, Agent Carter)
– Shawna Trpcic (costume designer: Angel, Firefly, Dr. Horribles Sing-Along Blog, Dollhouse, Cabin in the Woods, Much Ado About Nothing)
– Mark Altman (writer/producer/director: Castle, The Librarians; Author: Slayers & Vampires)
– Logan Lubera (artist: Buffy/OZ comic miniseries)
– Thomas Parham (writer/professor: Department of Cinematic Arts at Azusa Pacific University)
– Jonathon Latt (writer/producer: The Geek, Bloob Rebellious)
WhedonCon is organized by the same team which hosts the Buffy Musical during San Diego Comic Con, the Dr. Horrible Sing-Along during WonderCon/Anaheim, and the Dr. Horrible Halloween events in Los Angeles. This years event marks the 21th anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the 16th anniversary of Firefly by raising funds for two amazing organizations dedicated to helping local children.
First, in memory of Ron Glass (Firefly, Serenity, Barney Miller), Fandom Charities will be raising funds for the Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center, a youth center that was dear to his heart. The Center provides free after school and low-cost summer programs for boys and girls in grades 3-12. The Centers goals include preparing the attending youth for college. www.wootencenter.org
Second, we’re proud to support the Lupus Foundation of America, an organization dedicated to solving the mystery of lupus, a chronic autoimmune disease that adversely affects millions of people throughout the world. http://www.lupus.org
Memberships to participate in the festivities are now available and can be attained by visiting WhedonCon.com. Hotel rooms are also currently available with an early bird discount and contest for a limited time. https://www.whedoncon.com/single-post/2017/07/27/Dont-Miss-Out-on-this-WhedonCon-Hotel-Room-Contest
About Fandom Charities Inc.
Fandom Charities Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established for the purpose of raising funds for charitable organizations through fandom events, conventions, special appearances and media events. www.fandomcharities.org